These are the social networking places and social sites where I have a profile. I use some more than others. This list is to help me see where exactly I am and where I have been when it comes to my online presence. Plus it can give my visitors an idea of where else I may be found.
- For openers, I know have a profile here on listrography.
- My Facebook page. I use this one quite a bit, especially at work because I also maintain the UT Tyler Robert R. Muntz Library's Facebook page.
- I have a MySpace page.
- I decided to give Digg a try, so I do have a profile there now.
- I do have some online photos on Flickr here.
- Learn about my reading and books at GoodReads here.
- Learn a bit about music that I like at my Last.fm profile.
- In terms of music, I also have a profile in Jango.
- And some more music. I have a couple of playlists set up at Playlist.com.
jul 1 2010 ∞
apr 20 2012 +
jul 1 2010 ∞
oct 13 2010 +
I have been formally blogging my annual reading lists since 2006. I do keep continuous track of what I read on my journal and via the GoodReads profile I maintain (see my list of Social Networks and Sites for the link).
jul 16 2010 ∞
mar 1 2012 +
I have been compiling a small series in my scratch pad blog entitled "Items about books I want to read." These are basically roundups of books I would like to read sometime with links to blog posts and other sources with information about the books. If you want to learn more about what I like to read, looking over these posts would be a good idea.
nov 16 2010 ∞
apr 30 2011 +
Some day I would like to visit all the Presidential Libraries, starting with those administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and then other not-so-official ones.
The NARA List:
- Herbert Hoover, West Branch, IA.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Hyde Park, NY.
- Harry S. Truman, Independence, MO.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, Abiline, KS.
- John F. Kennedy, Dorchester, MA.
- Lyndon B. Johnson, Austin, TX.
- Richard M. Nixon, Yorba Linda, CA.
- Gerald R. Ford,Grand Rapids, MI & Ann Arbor MI (Curious trivia: one institution, but the library and the museum are in separate locations).
- Jimmy Carter,Atlanta, GA.
- Ronald Reagan,Simi Valley, CA.
- ✔ George H.W. Bush, College Station, TX.
- ✔ William J. Clinton, Little Rock, AR.
dec 11 2010 ∞
jan 25 2013 +
As I have mentioned on another list, I have a blog series of "Items about books I want to read" where I list, well, books I want to read. This list brings books from those lists that I have managed to read. I am listing them alphabetically by author.
- Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals .
- Mike Benson, et.al., Luke Cage Noir .
- Anthony Bourdain, Medium Raw .
- Ha-Joon Chang, 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism .
- Wayne Curtis, And a Bottle of Rum: A History of the New World in Ten Cocktails .
- Barbara Ehrenreich, Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking Has Undermined America .
- Seth Godin, Linchpin .
- Hardy Green, The Company Town: the Industrial Edens and and Satanic Mills That Shaped the American Economy .
feb 4 2011 ∞
jun 15 2012 +
- Regimental Commissar Ciaphas Cain (WH40K)
- Imperial Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn (WH40K)
- Space Marines Captain Uriel Ventris (WH40K)
- Sherlock Holmes
- Lazarus Long
- Admiral Festina Ramos
- V (from the graphic novel _V for Vendetta_)
- Mike Hammer
- Hercule Poirot
- Dewey, Young Adult Librarian (_Unshelved_ comic strip)
feb 4 2011 ∞
may 9 2011 +
When I worked at UHD, I was in charge of of Spanish materials selection to support curriculum and for recreational needs. From those orders, there were books I wanted to read, but I did not have the time to do so at the moment. So I had a running list kept on scraps of paper, notepads, so on. I am now listing them here to share as well as for redundancy.
- Hector Abad, Angosta
- Juan Abreu, Garbageland
- Juan Abreu, Orlan Veinticinco
- Hector Aguilar Camin, La Conspiracion de la Fortuna
- Marco Tulio Aguilera, Cuentos para despues de hacer el amor
- Francesca Aliern Pons, et.al., Otras voces
- Federico Andahazi, Las Piadosas
- Juan Aparicio Belmonte, Lopez Lopez
- Fernando Aramburu, Los peces de la amargura
- Homero Aridjis, El hombre que amaba el sol
- Juan Carlos Arce, La orilla del mundo
- Reinaldo Arenas, El Portero
may 27 2011 ∞
may 29 2011 +
This list is not comprehensive and certainly subject to changes and additions:
- "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." --V, from the film V for Vendetta .
- "Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again."--Lazarus Long, in Robert A. Heinlein's Time Enough For Love .
- "When any government. . .undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, not matter how holy the motives." --Robert A. Heinlein, from his short novel "If This Goes On."
- "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." -- Jorge Luis Borges.
- "Success in war depends upon the golden rule of war. Speed--Simplicity--Boldness." --Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., inscribed ...
oct 1 2010 ∞
oct 3 2011 +